DK Design users check out Writers Choice Awards

With all the commotion about DK Design Group, I think many of you would like to see the following from the Positive Feedback Online's Writers' Choice Awards for 2004:

"DK Design Group VS-1 Mark II Integrated

When the PFO Writers were asked to name the "most significant product you heard this past year" the choice was a no brainer for me. From the very first time I heard the VS-1 to right this moment (I am listening to my personal VS-1 as I write this), I am still in shock and awe of this component.

If the VS-1 just did an adequate job as an integrated, given it's stunning good looks and overall design, at the cost of $2995; it would still have been a significant achievement. The fact that it has a wonderful mastery of any music played through it, turning each playing into a live performance of stunning realism makes it the best value of this year and perhaps many past ones.

The VS-1 exhibits sheer power, dynamics and a degree of delicacy that it unsurpassed in this price range. I can't think of any component that passed through my listening room that impressed me more than the VS-1 Mark II. (see http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue15/dkvs1.htm for more)"

Here is the link to the site: http://www.audience-av.com/positive_feedback_online.htm

By the way, I am still totally happy with my VS-1 Mk. 2 Reference. Enjoy!
speedfreak
Lrsky,
Are you by chance referring to my all-time favorite player, the balletic Julius Erving? Love that move he made soaring underneath the basket and virtually out of bounds, only to hook the ball under the opposite side for the score.

And his comment afterwards?
"Yeah, that was probably one of my best five moves."
And the other four???????
No,
Actually, because of it's untimely death, the ABA died after the Ky Colonels were sold in the dark of night to, Baltimore (?) which never happened.
The mystery man is none other than "Little Louie" Louie Dampier of the University of KY Rupp's Runts, who shot the lights out every night.
He was one of the first in and last out, so his points were many. He obviously will always be a trivia question, since DR. J, and George Gervin, Charlie Scott, Dan Issel, Artis Gilmore, Rick Barry were all in the league.
But playing against Louie made me pretty humble.
Like you, Dr. J was to basketball, as Michael Baryshnikov was to ballet. Even the wonderful Jordan could not eclipse him for pure poetry in motion.
But Louie, even at 50 could hit 25 foot shots like it was nothing.
I saw him in a grudge, pick up game 5 on 5, score 78 points, in what had to be college level tallent. He was just post pro, at that time.
Memories...
OK, now I've seen it all. They're offering couples therapy on the DK website to help us win spouse approval for expensive audio purchases. Notice the woman's facial expression in the picture; I have seen that exact expression on my wife's face. See the couples therapy section at http://www.dkdesigngroup.com/#
Larry, please clarify if you have any relationship with DK Design.

While I accept the comments of those here on Audiogon, I will not soon forget your ranting on the Von Schweikert VR2 speaker as also being "revolutionary". It was a sad day when I came to see that you were involved in the company. Your credibility was forever damaged in my mind. And, no, the VR2 were not as you described.

Hopefully, this amp is as everyone seems to be saying, the real deal.
"Larry, please clarify if your have any relationship with DK Design"....

Or any prospective relationship!

I've been curious as well.