Rectifier tubes?

I have an Air Tight HTM-300 amp which has tube rectification. I've rolled a number of NOS types over the last three years and am wondering two things: 1) How long a life do these tubes have, in general, and 2) Any suggestions for good rec. tubes (5U4GB) in this amp or in general? I'd especially be interested in new tubes as NOS are hard to get and are iffy.
tomryan
Hi Tomryan. Forget about changing out your rectifier as both the Sylvania and Kenrad 5u4g's are terrific and should last a long time. While I have never had the pleasure of hearing the Air Tight 300b with the Western Electric tubes in it, after hearing a pair of their 2's. I am most certain it would be something very special indeed.
I may try the Sophia version just for fun but am still using the RCA which sounded just fine last night. I will use it until finding someone for testing and always have the other two for replacements. Why can't new tubes be made like the old ones? Anyone know?
You should try out the U52 (same version as 5U4) Osram or BVA as I used two pairs for my Silver Eagle Audio Signature monoblocks.
The original Western Electric 274B is the king of all 5U4G rectifiers. The Sophia exhibits some of the traits. It is open and extended and strong in the bass. The mesh version may even be better than the standard one. It is priced fairly for a very well made and robust tube.
Good Evening,

Does GZ34 and GZ37 are the same?

Thank for any help provided

Best regards