Blue Circle CS vs Unison Research Unico

My system consists of a pair of Von Schweikert VR-2s, a Blue Circle CS Integrated and a Roksan Kandy CD Player. No complains regarding the sound of my system but I'm starting to feel the need for a remote control, but I don't want to compromise the sound or spend more than $1300 (USED) on another integrated. Would the Unico be a step up in sound?
Have you ever matched the Unico to VR-2s?
Thanks,
bluecirclehead
Good choice on the Blue Circle.

You could try contacting Gilbert at BC. he might be able to squeeze a Shallcro volume pot and remote control board in thier somehow. Other than that you could try buing a used 21/22 or24 combo with a remote option, allthough it might cost a little more than your budget it would no doubt be a sonic upgrade.

Cheers,
Nick
For around $200. you can add a Creek OBH-10 remote volume control with no harm to the sound and keep your CS .With my VR2s I went with a vintage EICO st-70 all tube integrated and the VR2s really took off.
Nick...fwiw, I think you mean BC could install a remote control volume. The Shallco is a hand-built stepped attenuator and cannot be put into a CS Integrated due to space contraints.
Yes Phil your correct.

Thats what I get when I type an email faster than I am thinking.