Comparing sound of Tenor 150 HPs vs. Lamm M1.2

After reviewing the archives, I could not find any specifics on the similarities and differences in the sonics of the Tenor 150 HPs hybrid amp vs. the Lamm M1.2 amp. I would be looking at using these with Kharma ceramique speakers. It seems that some favor one amp, while others favor the other. While I have extensively heard the Tenor, I have not had the ability to listen to the Lamm (and may not get the chance before I must make a decision). My question primarily relates to how the two compare with respect the midrange characteristics. Thanks.
thom_y
Thom. Which Karma ceramique speakers are you going to buy?.
Do the Karma's rock enought to keep up with the alternative music you and I mainly listen to.
Have you bought the new Mark Lanegan or Interpol LP's - both are great!

I may have to listen to the karma's if I cannot find a suitable amp to drive mty Mahlers?.

have you heard ATC active 150's?. I am going to try and have a listen to them soon.

cheers
Mike with all due respect to your comparison, it is hardly fair. A $17K retail digital front end vs. (conservatively) $67500 retail analog front end. For the same $17k in an analog front end do you think the differences would be as "laughable". I have listened to analog front ends in that price range and its too much of a compromise to just touch on the "magic" of reference level analog.

As to the question at hand, I am growing tired of this same conversation- its literally been going on for 6 months- Thom_y is the most fickle audiophile(or potential audiophile) I have ever encountered. You really need to find time and listen and make up your mind, you may find you've been chasing the wrong dream all along. We can discuss this time and time again, and your still no closer to making a decision then you were in June, when you started asking these questions. I don't mean to seem as I am coming across as curt, but it is clear your not going to find the answer your looking for about these components in the forums. And even when you do listen you may get it(whatever it is you do buy) home and be very dissapointed and find you want something completely different. The voyage of putting together a rewarding system is nearly as much fun as enjoying music- and the first hand experience is priceless.
Tim, I both respect you and Mike,I have the Ah Noe
Tjoeb 4000 with upsampler cdp, and MMF5 turntable.
In this comparison, its not laughable, but still there
is no comparison.With the Sirius turntable 67k,I guess
anyone who already heard and read the review of this
TT can make the call.....To me vynil is the best.IM0
Tim even my Sony 9000es modified by Modwright,I
still prefer the vynil.The only problem, I dont have
enough space to store the records.
I haven't bought a record in perhaps 25 years and I'm not sure I ever want to go back to vinyl. Yet, it doesn't take a $67K Sirius III setup to show that vinyl is still better than the $17K emm labs. Unfortunately, I heard the difference at less than half the price of the emm labs. But, I think for a number of reasons I will stick with digital ... for now.
Tim, knowing Mike, if there was a $100,000 CDP that consistently produces sound that is in every way or even most ways better than the majority of his records played on his Sirius III table, do you think he would at least entertain the thought of getting it? Mike doesn't exactly shun away from CDs and SACDs. If the Rockport table is suppose to be the best of the best and the Meitner front end is suppose to be the best of the best, then I think it's a fair comparison.

Thom, I hope you can manage to make a decision and keep us updated on your progress. Tireguy is right in saying that you'll probably draw better conclusions by listening for yourself. I think if you're going to plunk down the money and really can't manage to hear as much as you can, then you should stick with what you know/what you're comfortable with. I for one know how hard it is to make a decision. Although that's not to say that I'm not annoying when I ask the same questions over and over again :D Sometimes I have to tell myself to stop thinking and worrying and just enjoy as hard as it might seem.