Comparing sound of Tenor 150 HPs vs. Lamm M1.2

After reviewing the archives, I could not find any specifics on the similarities and differences in the sonics of the Tenor 150 HPs hybrid amp vs. the Lamm M1.2 amp. I would be looking at using these with Kharma ceramique speakers. It seems that some favor one amp, while others favor the other. While I have extensively heard the Tenor, I have not had the ability to listen to the Lamm (and may not get the chance before I must make a decision). My question primarily relates to how the two compare with respect the midrange characteristics. Thanks.
thom_y
Mike,

Thanks for speaking up.

I realize there is no best.

From my research so far, and reading between the lines on some Lamm reviews, I was afraid that it's one tube may not give me what I love in the Tenor (both hybrid and OTL). I have really found both of those amps outstanding in combo with the Kharma (ranging from the basic Ceramique model up to the Midi Exquisite) and with my type of music. (whether it be Radiohead, Lucinda Williams, Ryan Adams, U2, Modest Mouse, Beck, Coldplay, Beethoven or Mahler)

As I wait for my room to be finished, I continue to flip through the pictures of your room to inspire me, esp. with the blue lights glowing on your Tenors. Absolutely, your room is the best room (equipment wise and design wise) that I have ever seen. If I find myself in the Pacific Northwest, I may well call you up for a listen to that Doors album. Would also love to put on Lucinda Williams (World Without Tears) on your Rockport.
Brian. We sure could use more dealers like you here locally. Over where I live, there is only one dealer that allows me to take equipment home to try out on my system and they usually look and question me critically whenever I return something. I feel like I have to make up an excuse.

Back to the original question, I've done a lot of the same research as well. In my experience, those who prefer the Lamm usually do so using the ML2s/.1s as comparison. This could very well be a tube vs solid state thing of course. Don't know if it matters but one is a monoblock.
Thom,

thanks.

Lucinda and Jim (Morrison) will be waiting.....

three audiophiles just left my room after a 4 hour listening session......we did the old digital-analog comparison.

they had all been marveling about how great the digital was.....they had brought some of their own cd's. then we played some Lps.

after 2 Lps, two of the guys asked me "how could anyone even think that digital has a chance against vinyl? the comparison is laughable".

yes, it is.
Thom. Which Karma ceramique speakers are you going to buy?.
Do the Karma's rock enought to keep up with the alternative music you and I mainly listen to.
Have you bought the new Mark Lanegan or Interpol LP's - both are great!

I may have to listen to the karma's if I cannot find a suitable amp to drive mty Mahlers?.

have you heard ATC active 150's?. I am going to try and have a listen to them soon.

cheers
Mike with all due respect to your comparison, it is hardly fair. A $17K retail digital front end vs. (conservatively) $67500 retail analog front end. For the same $17k in an analog front end do you think the differences would be as "laughable". I have listened to analog front ends in that price range and its too much of a compromise to just touch on the "magic" of reference level analog.

As to the question at hand, I am growing tired of this same conversation- its literally been going on for 6 months- Thom_y is the most fickle audiophile(or potential audiophile) I have ever encountered. You really need to find time and listen and make up your mind, you may find you've been chasing the wrong dream all along. We can discuss this time and time again, and your still no closer to making a decision then you were in June, when you started asking these questions. I don't mean to seem as I am coming across as curt, but it is clear your not going to find the answer your looking for about these components in the forums. And even when you do listen you may get it(whatever it is you do buy) home and be very dissapointed and find you want something completely different. The voyage of putting together a rewarding system is nearly as much fun as enjoying music- and the first hand experience is priceless.