Rotel RB-1080 and Sonus Faber GP?

Hi,
Has anyone tried this combo?
Any suggestion for amp to drive this speakers is welcome,tkanks,
dixi
dixi
i have a rotel 1090 and SF cremona auditors
very nice...

i originally got the 1080 and ran that on my thiels 2.2s and that amp manhandled the speakers to their fullest...the 1090 is just better version of the same...terrific combo and will do well with very efficient SF's
good luck
alex
Yeah....NO!!!
Sold both lines over the years. PLEASE?!...MOVE UP IN AMP QUALITY WITH THOSE! Jump to at least Classe, McCormack, or better!
I haven't heard of the rotel 1080 but would think you wouldn't get the best of the GP's with those.

Try them with quality amps and you would be well astound by the GP's. Truly great speakers which don't cost a fortune.
Hi Ryder,
I read your post about Plinius and I notice you are verry happy with Plinius SA-100MK III.Right now I use a rotel amp rmb 1075,5 channel*120 watts each.Have to recognize the amp can not drive the SF GP properly,the front speakers need more juice,so I'm thinging to buy a rotel amp 2 channel 200 watts each channel for fronts.Rotel in my opinion are good amp for the money,but sure not the best,anyway I think it's hard to find the same quality for the money.But the first reason I want to buy the same brand ,it's I'm afraid if I buy different brand, when I listen in DD, DTS or dvd audio,I'll get different sound,this scenario is for HT(5 or more channel).It is true 80 % I listen in stereo,but I'm afraid the result will be not ok if I have different amps brands.Maybe you have more experience wiht this.So I want to built a system, stereo and also Ht(2 channel+5 channel)I,m temp to try Plinius but I dont now anybody here in Seattle to own this brand.Any sugestion will be welcome,thanks,
dixi
PS. my main concern is how it's working 2 different amp brands?Will be easy if i can listen,but have to buy used...