Classe DR-9 vs Sunfire Signature

Fellow goners, what would be your opinion on which amp is better, are they in the same league, sound diffs? especially that on a used market they bring very similar prices. Thanks, mark
markshvarts
Hello I have to state this right now too get this off my chest. First I have a DR-9 amp two great amps sound wise, built, along with excellent reliability? Now the question is DR-9 vs Sunfire well here is my warning I purchased a sunfire reference amp back in the yr of 1998. It was a beautiful looking beast dual power cords blue light and all. A week into playing this Magestic beast " I thought" was playing some vinyl and than silence found out blown transistors sixteen this from a tech. Not Sunfire tech you see they did not want to even look at the amp their service was nothing short of a disaster. I will never purchase another Sunfire product again. Classe Fabulous always responed to email's and was able to receive two rocker switches for two DR-9 amps for nothing. So be warned they Sunfire have alot to answer to as far as service is concerned.
Sunfire doesn't make an amp with dual power cords or blue lights. Schipo is either highly confused or has an agenda. Sean
>
Schipo,
Having owned several Sunfire products, including amps, I have never seen one with a blue light, or dual power cords.
I can also vouch for their customer service as well.

You may very well have had excellent service from Classe, but I'm not sure you have ever dealt with Sunfire. If you had a bad experience with them, it may well be that you were attempting to get service from them on an amp they did not manufacture, if it was the one you describe in your post above.