Accuphase voltage conversion 110/120 to 230 VAC

Hi
I'm planning to buy a Accuphase A-50V or A-60 and a DP-67.
However they are very expensive in Europe and I'm thinking to buy one in the US or maybe in Japan.
Do anyone know if it is possible to convert a Japanese or US model from 100/120 VAC to 230 internally using a switch/ moving some cables, or are they entirely different models with different power supplyes?
Can the Japanese and US models run at 50 HZ?
Thank's
Frandsen
Denmark
frandsen
Frandsen - it is never a problem to convert gear from US to Europe. I run an all American system in Germany.
Some do it by a switch, some charge you big money like McIntosh did for converting MC 2000.
Accuphase might me something in between?
Good luck!
I run a 115V CDP (77) in Europe. it cannot be easily converted, since the power supply contacts are soldered on and it is not obvious to the non-Accuphase engineer on how to resolder them. Anyway I would never dare to solder around in any Accuphase unit....
But it runs fine on any frequency... I have a transformer 230-115V installed and run it off a PS Audio PS-300 Power Supply (acutually with Multiwave, i.e. a mixture of all kinds of sinus waves between 50 and 120 Hz...)

Transformer has to be BIG though for a power amp (and might then vibrate and hum....). Maybe you should look at transformers first or have the US dealer change the voltage to 230 prior to shipping (had that done on a DC-330 that I previously owned)....

Arthur
You may think about buying from Hongkong - much cheaper than in Europe. Hongkong uses 220V/50Hz, which should work without any modification.
Uli's idea is probably the easiest solution. Another solution would be to buy a 50Hz unit from Japan and get it switched from 110 to 230 volt in Europe (should be relatively easy/cheap) as Japan uses both 50Hz and 60Hz units (depending on which side of the Fuji River you live on).

FWIW, I have asked Accuphase (the company itself in Yokohama, not a foreign distributor) the same question before on behalf of a friend. IF you own it in Japan for more than 6 months, Accuphase will change it themselves at little or no charge, which, if also practiced abroad (and I would see no reason for it not to be), would suggest buying used from a very nice seller willing to jump through an additional hoop for you the buyer.
I just bought an Accuphase DP 67 from Audio-cubes. It's an 100V version. They give you a voltage-transformer for free.
Overhere ( Holland ) we have 230/240v. I have never seen an Accuphase from the inside but i am planning on changing the voltage myself. HOW ??? I will have to find that out myself. Or do you know how to do it ??
I will keep you posted. The player comes in next week ( i hope !)