Most Flexible Audiophile Preamp

The Hovland Preamp HP-100 offers 7-8, depending on if you have the optional phono or not, line options. This I love since I have so many line sources including reel to reel, cassette, CD recorder, DVD recorder/player, VCR, tube and solid state tuners etc. I liked the flexibility of multiple deck dubbing of old but realize this is all but gone now. Most preamps lately are limited to only 3 to 5 sources other than the Home Theatre Preamps. To me the HT preamps provide access to crappy hollywood sources which to me is opposite to living a quality, questioning life. I like a few movies but do not want to be controlled by it. Controlled by throwing lots of money at it and making a room and my time a prisoner to that use. I do not want to dilute musical quality for a zillion video input/output options and fruitless attempts to keep up with zillion speaker output options. Something about this HT built in obsolescence stuff (never ending video/audio formats, HDTV options created while others abandoned) seems very irresponsible and true to the marketing makes the need in the USA mentality !

What are your choices for most musical flexible preamp? When replying if you can give the number of line inputs, recording options, and output options I am sure others will greatly appreciate this information. If the unit has a phono preamp built in what is your opinion of the quality of the phono preamp. Price for me can range up to $8000 new or used.
nanderson
Oh, and while I am at it, the much less expensive Line-1 and Line-2 have the same capabilities.

Kal
I second the vote for the Levinson #32. It also has the flexibility in becoming an integral part of a Home Theater setup, without subtracting from its two channel sonics.
I've seen them sold on Audiogon for $9500. without the phono stage.
The TacT RCS 2.2X has 4- analog(3-RCA, 1-XLR) and 5- digital inputs(3-SPIF,1-AES/EBU,1-Toslink),balanced and unbalanced analog and digital outputs, DAC,digital Room Correction for main speakers and subwoofers with 9 programmable correction presets, user programmable digital crossover filters, 12 - band digital Parametric Equalizer and three band programmable digital tone control. Cost around $5K.
Their TCS MkII. HT unit has more inputs/outputs.
Both units have module construction to avoid obsolescence.
Muse 9 Signature is nice with XLR and RCA ins and outs, HT pass through, individually adjustable gain for each of the 5 inputs, and remote.
If you are going to tolerate A/D/A, as in the TacT, then the Meridian Reference 860 is the winner since you can pack it with your own selection of input and/or output boards and configure it with almost complete freedom.

Kal