what is the best way to add remote control

I am getting into home automation and would like to have my Gryphon Antileon Solo amps to turn on/off remotely. what is the best way to do so?
myoussif
X-10 is a power line carrier home automation system. You can get an RF remote that interacts with a radio box that plugs into an outlet to "send" commands to addressable outlets. You need to replace the outlets--probably need 20A heavy duty outlets. I'm not sure if you can get an IR remote for X-10, the ones I've seen are all RF, so they aren't very compatible with other home automation things, like prontos. Go to http://www.smarthome.com and poke around in the X-10 section.

I played around a bit with X-10, and I think I like some of the other systems better--Lutron's RadioRA, for example. 'Course, these are whole house automation systems, so they can get pretty dear. If you are looking at home automation already, is there something you are installing anyway? If that is the case, can you get an addressable outlet?
A latching power switch stays in the on position if power is lost. In other words, the amp will come back on when power is restored to the recepticle.
Radio Shack has a remote on-off switch cheap - can be configured to handle multiple gears.

But I wonder if there will be a quality loss by adding anything to the path - isn't direct as possible better?

(not including a power conditioner - I love my $30 oneac power conditioner off ebay - gonna upgrade someday - made a believer out of me of power conditioning)

I will experiment with mine to see if quality loss is there - in a few days.

But meanwhile, your radioshack has an affordable solution - it can control lights too - handy for bedroom when we are about to doze off.