Best tube amp or mono blocks within 5 k new/used.

I have visited my local Audio store buddies & they have a pair of demo Rogue M 120 Magnum mono blocks($2500.) My new VR-4 SE speakers are rated at 88 SPL & I would like to get full benefit of triode mode.I would be replacing a McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe.Would want an Amp that also has exceptional bass.Thanks for your responses.
lihifiguy
Three possibilities
1. Llano Design Trinity 300 300 wpc, super high current, hybrid. Can use multiple tube types in voltage stage for customizing sound. Fantastic bass. Or for you $, you could get the Phoenix monos.
2. Send the DNA to SMcAudio for the full monty, Gold upgrade. SS bass with very fine midrange and great extension. If yer pre has a true balanced out, you could get the balanced inputs.
3. Berning ZH-270. I listened to some VR4 Gen3s with this and it had PLENTY of balls and bass up the ying-yang. For $5K you could get a new one with the full upgrades from Allan Baghdan. If you only have two line-level sources, you can run it as an integrated, and sell off yer pre and a set of i/cs.
I have not heard the other amps w/the VR-4s, just going by how the sounded with my Vandersteens, but I KNOW the Berning was excellent. It auto-biases each time you fire it up, and uses 4 modest cost power output tubes and 4 12A?7s.
Thanks guys you are giving me a great education. I am put off by low powered(35-50wpc) tube amps thinking that while there may be magic to hear it is only with certain music & at moderate listening levels.

I feel that 250-400 wpc keeps the amp at idle without a strain and gives you whatever you want effortlessly.Amps that come to mind are the Parasound JC-1(non tube) & the VLT 450 Signature and the Rouge Zeus.My speakers are at 88 SPL.
hey- take a look at the sim audio w-10 mono blocks( a couple of pair here on audiogon-not mine) 750 WPS- built like a tank and very tube sounding for SS