Subwoofer Amp Recommendations

I've added a stereo pair of VBT Magellan passive subs (fantastic, BTW)to my 2-channel system. VBT recommends using their 200S amp, which I have---and it is good---and I could get another for stereo, but as I'm using a Tact 2.2x, I don't need the crossover/volume functions in their amp, and would rather not have to put the signal through another set of electronics.

My considerations have ranged from the new Carver Pro amps (but I'm not happy about their connections as I'd need new cables or adapters) to used Adcoms/NADs/Aragons. I've also considered PS Audio and Sunfire, but not sure if I need to spend that much just for a bass amp.

A friend suggested the new Panasonic 45 digital receiver which takes a digital input (saving me the expense of a DAC, but I already have an extra anyway).

Your thoughts and experience would be appreciated.
richards
I don't understand why a Carver amp would be a problem with connections. Pls explain details.
I'm using one channel of an older 250wpc Bryston 4B to drive my 12" NHT subwoofer and it's much better than the NHT SA-3 amp/crossover made for it.

If your amp is like the Carver Pro PM700/1200 which use XLR and 1/4" TRS input jacks for PA and guitar set ups and you only have RCA cables, you could get XLR to RCA adapters for it and avoid buying new cables.

Something like the NAD 208 might good as well.