Is it O.K. to mass load a X250 Pass Amp?

I was just wondering if anybody had experience regarding mass loading an X250 amp(Pass). I've mass loaded the rest of my components with nice results and then decided to put some weight on the amp but the weights cover some of the ventilation. Is this very bad? Does anybody have experience with mass loading equipment including amps with ventilation slots?
What about speakers? I've had mixed results using Totem Beaks on my speakers so I've decided not to mass load the speakers for now.
128x128mitchb
Do not do anything that hinders airflow in, out or around an amp, especially a high bias unit that runs hot. If you really feel the need to do this, you might want to construct some type of elevated platform that is several inches above the amp but uses the amp as the support structure. How you go about doing this will obviously have an outcome on the results and / or the amount of heat allowed to escape. Sean
>
I was able to put weight without covering any of the ventilation slots by putting the sand in smaller containers. I've decided that although weight on the speakers may have some charms, I find it tends to cut off some of the high frequencies I'm used to. I don't know which is theoretically correct but I prefer my Hales without any weights on top. Perhaps these speakers were designed to be as is.
The Pass amp radiates heat over it's outer shell. Hindering heat transfer from any part of the X250 will hasten the death of your amp. Besides weighting down a hundred pound amp is just plain silly IMO.