Opinions Please?

I am very faithful to Dynaudio Speakers. Currently have a pair of Craffts which I love. Eventually will go to the new Confidence C4's. My question is this: What configurations of Power Amp and Pre Amp have you all used? To expand even further, because of house and size constraints, I am obligated to combine 2 channel and HT. Currently I have a EAD Power Master 1000 and a Classe SSP25THX. It's not that I am unhappy with the setup, but like so many I am a kook and always looking to improve. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Steve Bachman
Phoenix, AZ
sbachman
I have an updated Plinius SA-250/4 I use with a Classe Omega pre, Sonus Faber Guarneris and Rel Stentor 3 in my two channel. I used to own Classe amps and sonically thought Plinius a nice improvement. I'd consider Plinius' new 5 channel amp, Odeon, if I was looking for a HT set up. I have not heard it, but, I am most impressed with the SA -250/4 updated's performance. It's new so there are probably few if any reviews. Worth a listen?

Rob
NY,NY
IMO, the Proceed AVP2+6 is a great home theatre pre/pro
that doesn't scrimp on two channel sound. Mark Levinson
has announced that it will be folding Proceed into Levinson, but they will continue to serve the AVP.

For your amps, if you can, I recommend avoiding the 5
channel theatre amps. If possible, split your amps.
Use a high quality two channel amp for your front left
and right and a three channel amp for your front and
surrounds. This, again, will preserve the quality of
your two channel sound. Several companies make two and
three channel amps that you could mix and match to fit
your budget.
IMO, the Proceed AVP2+6 is a great home theatre pre/pro
that doesn't scrimp on two channel sound. Mark Levinson
has announced that it will be folding Proceed into Levinson, but they will continue to serve the AVP.

For your amps, if you can, I recommend avoiding the 5
channel theatre amps. If possible, split your amps.
Use a high quality two channel amp for your front left
and right and a three channel amp for your center and surrounds. This, again, will preserve the quality of
your two channel sound. Several companies make two and
three channel amps that you could mix and match to fit
your budget.
Sorry about that duplication -- I thought I had only
posted the second one. Argh!
Rsbeck,

Any thoughts about mixing and matching power amps from different companies? Say a Plinius SA250Mk4 for L/R and a Proceed HP3? (think that's the model #) for Center and Rears? Thanks.