Ray Lumley M100 tube amps

Anybody knows anything about these old amps?
I understood that they weren't bad and would drive low z
ineficient speakers with ease. Also, now would be really
low priced. Haven't seen too many arround thou...Thanks!
jstones
Hi I appreciate your email and I hope you can find the manual, the Ray Lumley will drive the Magnepan 2.5R, and I´ve Sonic Frontiers SFL-1 as a Pre amp., and the transport is AMC CD M7. my speaker cables are Straight wire Blue, and de interconnect and interlink are Straight wire Encore.
Hi Raul. Yes.... I have found the manual. I do not have a scanner,however I can photo copy it. Email me with your address and I will mail it to you.
Although I have never heard them with magnepans I am certain they would be a very good match.
Back in the late eighties, I was using a pair dayton wright XG10 electrostatics [an extremely difficult load] as well as a pair of acoustat 2+2's in a very large room. The M-100's were auditioned head to head with the Lumley M-150's, the big ARC 250, the MFA 200 monos,a pair of VTL 220 mono's as well as a few heavywight solid state amplifiers. All of the other amps had more power reserves than the m-100's, some more than twice the power.
Amazing though, the M-100 proved to be winner in the shoot out. Handily besting the other more powerful amps, paricularly in bass drive and dynamic range dep't. They do possess a certain vibe the others just couldn't match! That session was an enlightening experience for me, still not sure why but it's probably due to the massive hand wound output transformers employed in the M-100's.
I still remember the look on the face's of everyone in the room, staring at each other and giggling like school kids at a magic show. Great stuff! Cheers....david

Hey, Thanx Again David for a very good technical advising.
My mail address is in Cape Verde Island, could you send a copy of the manual to this mail Address,
Raul Ribeiro
H.P.M.
C.P. 75
Praia
Cape Verde
or fax it to 00 238 261 2972
& with the bill you have had on mailing & the copies, than i send to you the correspondent via western union. I really appreciate your Pleasantness.
Great
Raul
Hi, I have one of the M-100 not a pair, its sound wonderful, I only drive one speaker but the result is really amazing, fantastic, I´m looking for another to complete my set of power amp. If you know who want to sell one please tell me
Regards
Raul
Hi Raul. Mailed out a copy of the manual, a schematic & some company literature. Best of luck on your search for another. Cheers....david