Ray Lumley M100 tube amps

Anybody knows anything about these old amps?
I understood that they weren't bad and would drive low z
ineficient speakers with ease. Also, now would be really
low priced. Haven't seen too many arround thou...Thanks!
jstones
I know that this really late but I just checked this section of Audiogon. I have a pair of Lumley Signature Reference 150 watt monoblocks (from England, not imported) and I have had them now for 10 years. I used them once upon a time with Apogee Stages (really inefficient speakers that went down to 2 ohms!) and they never burped, clipped or made any fusses at all. Friends were amazed at the magnificent sound from these amps, and they have been more reliable than any of the solid state amps I have had.

I do not believe many were imported or sold in the USA. I received mine from a man who brought these over from the U.K. when he moved back to the USA. Powerhouses they are, but not at the expense of warmth, transparency or just plain musicality. Find a pair and but them! You won't be sorry.
I have a pair of M250's (not the ones with the gold face plate, and gold caps on the tyranny's). All black, no face plate one of 2 pairs that made there way into the US. One pair went to someone in FL I believe the other went to Jonathan Valin for review. Those are the ones I have. Would you have any interest in them. I'm selling at a very reasonable price in an attempt the upgrade my Audio Research LS2B MK II to a SP 10 MK II. I Have a D-115 that doesn't sound quite as good as the Lumleys but with the additional openness and overall strengths of the SP 10 I think that I could live very happily with it.

Thanks,

Scott
[email protected]
Hello Jstones. Yes, I still own a pair of M-100's. They are still in active duty in my brother inlaws rig driving Meadowlarks. These are the later itterations of the earlier industrial versions[ the Grant -Lumley's looked like large dyna mk3's]which I used as well. I purchased them from a dealer here in Canada to drive a pair of acoustat 2+2's way back in the early 80's. They are geniune workhorses,beautiful sounding amplifiers with great trannies that are capable of driving low impedance loads. They have been super reliable as well.Other than retubing and changing out the coupling caps,mine are a completely stock circuit. Originally imported with Genelex kt-88, retubed with 6550c's about 4 years ago. They are very lush or tubey sounding in comparison to the ARC stuff from the same era, however they do create a deap and expansive stage. The larger M-150's and m-200's were not even in the same league sonically! If they are fully stock,reasonably priced and without any issues....buy em,its a no brainer as it would cost you dearly to buy that quality in today's current offerings.
Hello I just bought one Ray Lumley M-100, I´m looking for another Mono block to complete the set. If someone ear about please send me an email to [email protected]
I´ll to ask about the M-100 manual!
Regards
Raul
Hi Raul. Hey, good score and best of luck on your search for another. One of the finest 100 watt tube amplifiers ever made,particularly when driving speakers with a difficult impedance load. I may still have my manual for the amplifier & will take a look for it this weekend. What speakers will you be driving with them? cheers...david