Class A solid state power amp

Mt system is: Linn LP12/Origin Live RB250 SilverAnniversary/dynavectorD17 catridge
Copland CD266
EC Audio Finesta Pre
Upgraded Quad 606 Power
Living Voice Auditorium Speakers
Nordost Red Dawn interconnect
I've got sensitive speakers,built for low output Valve Amps,but am not too keen on going the valve route.I often have short listening sessions(fitting in around the kids TV
watching),so I do'nt want to be turning the amps on and off every few minutes.How about a good Class A solid state power amp?I would like the valve warmth and rich mid range without the fuss.Too much to ask?
I thought of the Monarchy Audio 70 Pro's,Sugden Masterclass or of course the grandaddy Krell's.
What is your experience? I do'nt mind going for 2nd hand, older models,in fact most of my system is 2nd hand.
Your advise would be very welcome.
David Wise
david12
Any particular reason for exclusively looking for Class A solid state?

While there are alot of great Class A amps, I think you can get the same level of performance from a good Class A/B amp. I've had Class A amps before, and I'm just not comfortable with something generating that much heat in my room. You can fry an egg on some of them. More importantly, I've heard of them baking the circuit board over time and lifting the traces.

Of course, there are tons of people who've never had a problem, but why deal with the extra heat, power cost, and reliability issues if you don't have to. Nevertheless, if you want Class A suggestions, I would check out the Plinius. Also, I haven't heard it, but Bedini supposedly came out with a Class A amp that runs just warm to the touch.
Unsound,
According to Rowland's website, the Concentra is class A but putting that aside, I would second Labtec's question; Why be insistent on Class A?
Macrojack, the thread asked for power amplifiers not integrated amplifiers. I'm not qualified to challange Jeff Rowlands assertion that the Concentra is true Class A. Let just say it's a novel approach. With regards to why limit recommendations to Class A out put, I'm just trying to respect the question as put forward. Other wise I think Rowland is a very good suggestion.
Spectral DMA-200 is one of the BEST thumpin' pure Class A amps there is, can be had for a song. I have two( will not sell`either). Better than 99% of new amps produced today.
The DMA-200 does NOT need a Spectral preamp. I can drive
very reactive speakers to ungodly listening levels
without congealing, becoming hard, or nasty sounding. One
of the reasons for stop making them was cost. Bass control
is unbelievable, without peer except maybe Krell, the highs
are very smooth, and the mid range is to die for. Once you
have one of these you will not go back to tubes and I have
two tube amps ARC D115 and D79A!! Good Luck!!!