Bryston B60 or old 3B + .5B

I am buying my first amp/preamp, and like Bryston for reputation/warranty. Looking at the prices of used Brystons on here. Recommendations on which I'll be happier with:

1. Bryston B60R integrated - $900 - $1100
2. 20-year-old Bryston 3B amp $345 + .5B Preamp $300

For almost $400 cheaper I could have separates (albeit without remote I'm guessing), but the stuff is older and I have no idea how it would sound.
matt8268
Matt:
Bryston makes superb equipment. However, I seem to recall that the original 3B occasionally had a problem. I had one and sent it back. I do have a 3B ST which is a real gem.
Play safe and turn down the older 3B.

Jeff
I was not impressed from the B60's performance: Extra-bright and coloured. It's far away from music. Creek 5330 is the tru-way to get music for the same buck. Now I want(just for the sake of the hobby) to give a try to listen to Unison Research Unico integrated 80W/ch amp with MC phono section that is new $1.3k. I read a bunch of reviews from impressed listeners on this unit. Won't ya give it a try for thirty days with small obligation(maybe 1% of a retail per week at most + shipping)?
Buy the older Bryston 1st and try it, at those prices you will always be able to get almost all if not all of your money back out of it. Those are the best kind of experiments. I would also rather have those two pieces verus the 60
I've owned lots of Bryston over the past 25 years. The B60 is the one that I'll never part with. A classic!
For what ever it's worth I think Bryston's 3BST is the best product value they ever made.