Solid State amp with wide soundstage

So I bought a tube amp for a project and fell in love with the elbow room tubes give each musician. Unfortunately, because I listen to a lot of electronic music, the amp just doesn't give me the slam in the low end and the detail up top that I love. So please recommend a solid state amp that gives the best, widest soundstage. Budget $1000 used. Speakers Revel M20s.

Thanks.
dhcod615c
This may be a bit out of your price range, but try the Plinius 8200. I have this integrated with my M-20s and I really like it. The amp is 175wpc (in New Zealand), so I think it may be closer to 200 or more here. I've seen them on AA used for as low as $1500. I have a cheaper sub (a Klipsch sw-12... which will be replaced when funds allow), and it helps with the bottom end. Although, I really like the sound without the sub.... I think the Plinius helps to push those speakers a little harder. Anyway, hope that helps. Let me know what you decide on.

Dan
any more votes? Plinius vs. Bryston vs. Electrocompaniet i am staunch with sedond. Point of Fact: the norwegian lab Electrocompaniet makes a superior quality cdp just behind the Audio Aero and the Audio Meca, that should tell you something. I'm sure all the above mentioned are good amps. but what we are after in this thread and every other thread is which is the superior in terms of overall sound. yea you may pay a tad more for the electro. but you get so much more.
Check out Odyssey Stratos amps at $995. Very highly rated by The Absolute Sound. Check out consumer reviews of this amp at audioreview.com. Should still be a 5/5 with perhaps 100 or more owners doing the reviewing. Rated second best SS amp by International Audio Reviewer Peter Moncrief back in 1999.

150 wpc, 45 amperes, class A/AB, 20 year warranty, etc.. 30 day money back guarantee.

Their website is odysseyaudio.com. They should have a number of links to mag's reviews on their amps.

More than likely, you'd have to spend $4k or more on a SS amp to even come close to the sonic abilities of the Stratos. So people say. I had recommended these amp to a few people and they bought them. I have not heard any complaints about this amp. And no, I do not own this amp myself, nor am I in any way affiliated with any mfg.

-John
tweek,

tho i love my ec amps, i'd also consider the pass amps, if the extra scratch inwolved is not a problem. of course, w/a budget of only $1k used, this pretty-much limits ya to the aleph-30, which means ya need more efficient speakers...

doug s.
EDGE M4 CAN BE FOUND FOR UNDER $750.00.HAS A FANTASTIC SOUNDSTAGE.LIKE IT MUCH BETTER THAN THE ODYSSEY.