Amp quality / Slam

I need some help with my amp set up. I currently have a theater/2ch stereo set-up, and I'm not pleased with the "size" of the sound being delvered when I listen to 2ch music. I have a Marantz mm9000 bi-amped/ bi-wired to my main speakers and the 5th channel powers the center ch. when I'm watching movies. I'm looking for that powerful, full sound that hits you when playing music at higher volume. Right now I feel like the sound is not as clean or crisp as I would like. I'm not a metal head, (although I do love AC/DC)in fact I listen to reggae and jazz most of the time. I'm wondering if the problem is the amp? I know its not the speakers, the have great range and can deliver in the right environment. The amp delivers 150w per ch., so I have a total of 300w going to each.....I'm just not as blown away as want to be. HELP!!!
mhubbard
Interesting thread..you seem to have decent gear and are into the hobby as much or more than most of us here. If I were in your shoes I'd sell the Sunfire and Marantz amps and buy either the Theta or YBA five channel amp. Plenty of ballsy power.
Hi Mhubbrd, you may be getting too much vibrapod sound. My experience is they slow things down a touch and take away a bit of vibrancy. Take a few out and see what happens.
Good luck.
Thanks again guys,

Ya know.... maybe "jeffloistarca" just hit it on the head! I really like the Sunfire Preamp and Matantz amp for movies. I just watched "Apocalypse Now REDUX" which was just realeased (if any of you guys are into DVD, this re-master of the original should not be missed!), and it was absolutly incredible sounding. Perhaps I'm just expecting too much from my equipment for stereo nervana. I should just be happy that my equipment sounds as good as it does (its still pretty damn good!). When the time is right I'll simply build a 2ch specific set-up with music alone in mind.

Thanks again for all the feedback.

M.
mhubbard: i, too, enjoyed viewing the dvd of "apocalypse now, redux." it's a mistake, however, to call it a "remaster." it's closer to a "director's cut," with lots of added scenes. some work, some don't. just the extra footage of robert duval's air cav segment, tho, is worth the purchase price. -cfb