SPECTRAL 100/DMC 20 preamp comments....

I just heard this setup, with recmmended MIT cables. Absolutely jaw dropping realism, speed, transparency. I never thought the illusion of a live peformance could be created, this is the first time it was for me. The sound was natural, musical, not bright or hard edged. Any comments? I am wondering if this sensation holds up over extended listening. Any listener fatigue with this set up? Seems like the greatest amp I have ever heard, tell me of any negatives, I may buy this baby.......Or even the DMA 150 or 180 .
mythtrip
Mythtrip,
The comments above on Spectral/MIT parallel my own high regard for this system. In addition, since you are probably buying used equipment, I'd like to add the following: if you buy the MIT a/c equipment, take note of the fact that MIT has recently redone their products. Their Z-3 a/c cord is light years ahead of the Z-2, in fact , with my Spectral system it is trouncing every other power cord I've compared it to, for purity, timbral naturalness, speed and resolution. (It's unfiltered and unshielded, and is used with other filtering units like the stabilizer, isolation transformers etc). If you buy the rest of the system used, be sure to check out the Z-3's, even if you find a good deal on Z-2's. The difference (with Spectal) is worth the splurge.
No Doubt about it. This gear is unquestionably the worlds finest SS equipment. Complete neutrality, NASA grade build. Highest level of resolution. The only SS equipment I would even consider, after using tubes forever, is this. It is for real!!!!!!
I just heard the spectral 100 with the dmc 30 and thiel 1.6 loudspeakers. It was absolutely amazing!! Could be the best setup I've heard. My next step is spectral, without a doubt. I feel really greedy doing this, but hey, I've never been so sure about a purchase before. And I went in the room just to show my brother what the speakers looked like, not caring what was driving them. The question is - do I put down 7 or 8K for the 30, or go used with the 20 and save megabucks? Probably the twenty, though I wish I could do the 30. I'd rather put the extra money in a fund for my dad so he can maybe get a mercedes like he's always wanted.