Room Question

I’m making plans to finish part of my basement and move my system from the family room to the basement. The finished basement area will be in an L shape with one section being 15’ by 18’ and the L section being 12’ by 15'.

In the 15’ by 18’ section, there’s an off center 40” wide HVAC duct that runs the entire 18’ length. The 90” high ceiling in the 12’ by 15’ section is flat.

My question is… would it be smarter to use the 12’ by 15’ section for my system or take my chances with the off center HVAC duct?

Thanks
raks
I think it would make your life easier not to work around the duct.It could be done,but not worth the trouble for 36" of space IMO.
if you place your stereo system in the basement, i'd advise a carpet and ceiling tiles. i have no opinion on the other question.

you may need to treat the are behind the speakers, as well as at the sides of the speakers.
Give some of the funds over to sound insulation of the AC and heater and duct work. Another area I wished I had done a little better. M snow's suggestion of trying it both ways may be something I could play around with.

Raks,...Never heard that saying before of "Boat", I will have to remember that. Hope your project will not be a large boat and has smooth sailing.