PurePowerAPS Canada concern

I've had a new PurePower APS 2000+ unit for just over 5 months and recently the battery will not charge. After Damian of PurePowerAPS helped diagnose the problem they said they would do a call pick-up to send back to the factory in Canada for repair. Here is his reply...

Hi Steve,

If you get no voltage reading from the Regenerator unit's Power Pack connector when it is plugged in and the breaker is in the on postion, it will almost certainly be a charger issue or charger interconnect wire contact problem inside the Regenerator unit.

I can supply a prepaid UPS waybill for a return trip and have it checked, corrected, tested, and back out the door in 24 hours. When you receive it you can re-attach the Power Pack and it will fully re-charge the batteries over a 12 hour period.

Let me know if I should use the address information we have on file and when to schedule pickup. If you prefer we can also just send the prepaid waybill to your email and you can either arrange a pickup at your convenience or drop the package off at any UPS location.

Thanks,
Damian.

So this was late October and ever since PP now does not return emails or phone calls. Very disappointed in how they treat customers and would made sure everyone knows before buying a PP unit. Maybe they are out of business but I had many emails back and forth until it was ready to be shipped back for repair.

If this situation changes I will post an update.

Steve
SOS
sksos1
Sksos1, have you received your unit?

I called PP again yesterday, and it sounded like they are way over their head trying to line up new suppliers so they can build and ship new units out to "paying" customers. And it appears that they won't be getting any replacement parts any time soon from their old OEM partner in Taiwan who had been building the old units for them previously. Apparently the OEM partner had "conspired" with that sales guy in California to form the other company. Even though the Canadian company has won the judgement and that US Customs will seize any counterfeit products coming into the country, I seriously doubt PP has any resource right now to deal with us "non-revenue-generating" customers. The guy told me that they can pretty much fix most of the issues on the older models, but they don't have any replacement parts to fix units that require them. So most likely we won't be getting them back unless, by some miracle, that US Customs seize a big batch of the counterfeits and PP can cannibalize the parts to fix our broken units. The guy said that they will most likely send me a brand new unit of the new model. Yeah right. I'll believe it when I see it.

FrankC
I have been awaiting a refund for a 2000 returned to Pure Power, Ayre, Ontario March 2012. I have repeatedly been lied to, promised immediate compensation, and sent wrong amount cheques drawn on a US account which is worthless to me. I am located in Canada and paid them Canadian funds. I purchased 2 units February 2012, both exhibiting same problems. Returning the bigger 2000 I was told of a new improved version coming in May. May 2012 came and went, no calls, no product. Multiple calls querying my refund or new unit was a story of Pure Power's woes and demise of Pure Power's former partner ripping them off, factory not producing and the check is the mail.

My frustration in recent attempts to contact these yokels is at the point of no return. During conversations with dad and son, owners of PP, Richard and Damian, I requested anything but lies. I am in business for self and understand the associated pitfalls. We were prepared to work with them, providing there was no further BS. As of Friday January 11th 2013 repeated telephone calls and emails were unanswered.

I suspect my fellow audiophiles, this audiofool has no recourse. These lying scuzzies have fled the coop. I offer for sale a debt of $2483.04, comes with 3 cheques drawn on Bank of America New Jersey totalling $1215.
Customer service? Pure Power has zero customer service and are not to be trusted. I had my 3000+ picked up by Richard of Pure Power in December of 2013 and promised a new improved unit by the end of January of 2014. It is now almost May of 2015 and I have yet to see a unit or a refund from Pure Power. The product was noisy in my system and added a buzz to the speakers. Richard blamed it on my ground. My friend in AZ had the same problem. His unit was picked up with mine and he too has never seen a replacement. Companies like this don't deserve our support. Forget an AC regenerator. Please check out the Isotek conditoners. In a shoot out versus Running Springs Audio Dimitri (my favorite, but third place) Audience 12T (worst sounding) and Synergistic Research Powercell (second place winner), the Isotek was the overwhelming winner by 40 clubs members participating in the shoot out. I had never heard of the Isotek and gave it little chance of competing as it was the lightest of the four. It wasn't even the best model in the line!
Hifmaniac...I feel your pain. Sent you an in-mail with another PP horror story that I have personal experience with in detail.