What Does Holographic Sound Like?

And how do you get there? This is an interesting question. I have finally arrived at a very satisfying level of holography in my system. But it has taken a lot of time, effort and money to get there. I wish there had been a faster, easier and less expensive way to get there. But I never found one.

Can you get to a high level of holography in your system with one pair of interconnects and one pair of speaker wires? I don't believe so. I run cables in series. I never found one pair of interconnects and speaker wires that would achieve what has taken a heck of a lot of wires and "tweaks" to achieve. Let alone all the power cords that I run in series. Although I have found one special cable that has enabled the system to reach a very high level of holography -- HiDiamond -- I still need to run cables in series for the sound to be at its holographic best.

There are many levels of holography. Each level is built incrementally with the addition of one more wire and one more "tweak". I have a lot of wires and "tweaks" in my system. Each cable and each "tweak" has added another level to the holography. Just when I thought things could not get any better -- which has happened many times -- the addition of one more cable or "tweak" enabled the system to reach a higher level yet.

Will one "loom" do the job. I never found that special "loom". To achieve the best effects I have combined cables from Synergistic Research, Bybee, ASI Liveline, Cardas, Supra and HiDiamond -- with "tweaks" too numerous to mention but featuring Bybee products and a variety of other products, many of which have the word "quantum" in their description.

The effort to arrive at this point with my system has been two-fold. Firstly, finding the right cables and "tweaks" for the system. Secondly, finding where to place them in the system for the best effects -- a process of trial and error. A lot of cables and "tweaks" had to be sold off in the process. I put "tweaks" in quotation marks because the best "tweaks" in my system have had as profound effect as the components on the sound. The same for the best of the cables, as well. For me, cables and "tweaks" are components.

Have I finally "arrived"? I have just about arrived at the best level that I can expect within my budget -- there are a couple of items on the way. In any case, I assume there are many levels beyond what my system has arrived at. But since I'll never get there I am sitting back and enjoying the music in the blissful recognition that I don't know what I am missing.

I should mention that there are many elements that are as important as holography for the sound to be satisfying, IMO. They include detail, transparency, coherence, tonality, and dynamics, among others. My system has all of these elements in good measure.

Have you had success with holographic sound in your system? If so, how did you get there?
sabai
Yesterday played "Larks Tongues In Aspic" original UK release on vinyl through my rig under light influence of canabinoids and could imaginary realize placement of musicians on the stage. Was it holographic effect? I'd doubt it because in the concert you always see musicians in front of you and this so called effect isn't needed as it pushes the sonic reality away.
Sabai wrote,

"I have not heard of a single "person in the industry" or a single "senior reviewer" who minimizes the importance or denies the existence of "holographic sound".

I kinda doubt you've heard what all of them have said on the subject. I have not seen a single buffalo out in my yard today. Lol
09-29-12: Geoffkait
Where have I been evasive? Just show me where I have evaded a direct question.
Hmm. Where am I going to find an example of you being evasive? Let me think. Ahh yes, just 6 sentences later, where you say…
I'm pretty sure noone here is going to change their thinking based on what I say, especially you. Lol
That was your response to my question “Why not answer questions directly, thoroughly, and sincerely?” which was itself in reference to my earlier statement that you have not provided an explanation for why certain objects like books, cd’s, and flowers affect sound quality. Rather than offer an explanation, you EVADE the question with the glib remark that nothing you say can change anyone’s mind. Q.E.D. If you or anyone else is interested in other illustrations of your evasive behavior, they will find an entire catalog of examples in our argument on the Magic thread. Moving on...

You can't even ask a direct question yourself… I suspect you are just a troll...
Those who know me will recognize the patent absurdity of this remark. Those who don’t can easily glance at my posting history and see that your comment is not only false but, as is typical for you, the inversion of reality. I say "inversion of reality" because I agree that there is a Troll around here somewhere. Let’s see if we can figure out who it is…
Do you not think I realize my statements are new and provocative? Do you think I have not seen the same knee jerk reactions many times in the past.
That was written yesterday on this same thread. By you. Let’s consider what it says…

1. You deliberately post provocative statements.
2. You know they are likely to cause disruption and conflict.

That reminds me of something. Oh yeah, the DEFINITION of a Troll…
troll | trōl | (n.) a person who deliberately posts provocative statements, knowing that they are likely to cause disruption and conflict.
You are an obvious fan of irony, Geoff. I hope you enjoy the irony of accusing someone of being a troll just moments after you accidentally confess to being one. Speaking of accidental ironies…
You can't even ask a direct question yourself. Just posturing, as usual.
I can’t ask a direct question? You say that in response to… MY DIRECT QUESTION about why you won’t provide explanations for your ideas. Incidentally, this isn’t the first time I’ve asked you that particular question, and it isn’t the first time you've been upset by it, as anyone who looks at the thread I linked above can see.

As for the suggestion that I'm "posturing," that is as much a projection as your suggestion that I'm a troll. It doesn’t take much insight to see that the person who's posturing is you. I mean, just how many times are you going to write "lol”? We get it. You want us to believe you’re cavalier. Unfortunately, whenever you're challenged by me, or Al, or Learsfool, or anybody else, you get so flustered that your mask of nonchalance slips off, revealing that all the "lol's" and “cheerios” and “tootles” are merely, uhm, posturing.

And finally...
So, you think I believe the things I say, or you don't think I believe the things I say, which is it? i wish you'd make up your mind. Lol
The reason it’s difficult to make up my mind as to whether you actually believe the things you say is that you refuse to show us the real Geoff. I’ve never met Al or Learsfool in person, but reading their posts gives me a clear idea of who they are. I get the distinct impression that I could read every post you’ve ever written and still have no idea who you are. But that’s the whole point of being evasive, isn't it?

If you’d like us to make up our minds about whether you are a charlatan, a madman, or a misunderstood genius, you have to show us something besides the mask. It isn’t pleasant to look at anyway.

Tootles,
Bryon
Learsfool wrote,

"Judging someone's ears by the quality of their system is silly. Most musicians do not make enough money to afford a top of the line high end audio system. My own system is certainly on the lower end price-wise for folks in this hobby."

Perhaps you're right, that I should not be too judgemental. As it turns out the professional musician I was referring to is an unusual case. He was a dealer for Cello Speakers and electronics, so his system comprised some of the finest and most expensive components and speakers available. I estimate his system, speakers plus electronics would retail for 200,000 dollars. In addition, he had 10,000 dollars worth of room acoustics treatments installed. I'm pretty sure you can appreciate the irony of my questioning the hearing of professional musicians. If any person cannot obtain good sound from a 200,000 dollar system it's only natural to question his hearing, especially if that person thinks his system actually sounds good.

An ordinary man has no means of deliverance. - old audiophile axiom

Cheers
Bryon,

OK, you finally convinced me that you should probably be standing out on a ledge somewhere. I really like reading your diatribes, though, especially when your hair catches fire. I don't know why all trolls can't be as entertaining as you.

Geoff