A Dios Fatparrot

It is my sad assignment to inform you that our member and friend Mike Wolff (aka: fatparrot) passed away peacefully Tuesday morning November 22, 2011, after a difficult fight with cancer. We had some great audio times together. Mike lost his right arm many years ago in a motorcycle accident, and one memory I'll always cherish is the first time I watched him cue up a record on his SME 10 turntable -- left-handed!

He leaves behind his beloved parrot, Andy, and a beautiful high-end system. Andy is in the care of a friend and parrot-loving lady. And I'll be selling the system for his family. Thanks for the memories.

Neil
128x128nsgarch
Condolences to the Wolff family and all of Mike's friends. Though I never knew him well he was always a welcome presence on this site and will be missed. A sad note on a day of thankfulness.
Being a somewhat recent member here, I did not automatically recall Mike's moniker. (I do read the old archives). My memory's priorities seem to recall systems, then comments, then...? With a "member search" ie: Fatparrot, I now recall enjoying his many past postings!! Bless him.

We get to learn a slight personal aspect of each other, here.
More to discover