Designer Hall of Fame

There are many great designers out there, and especially in the lore from the golden age, but I'm not to familiar with them. I thought it might be interesting to discuss some of the great designers for engineering skill and knowledge, business integrity, and ultimatley quality of their products. My short list a "hall of fame" if you will of designers working today are:

Nelson Pass, Pass Labs
Charles Hansen, Ayre
Roger Modjeski, Music Reference
Ken Stevens, Convergent Audio Technolgy (CAT)
Kevin Hayes, VAC

and how could I leave Jeff Rowland off? Well it is a short list. Who would you nominate?
pubul57
I scanned the responses, but, to my surprise, did not see my nomination for the Designer Hall of Fame:

Richard Vandersteen
Leonardo da vinci should be mentioned regarding history and then thomas edison, benjamin franklin and of course, GEORG OHM, the german physicist in 1827 who came up with ohm's law! Dr. oskar heil, I like bob carver, conrad johnson, nelson pass, Jim winey, bruce thigpen
Yes include David Hafler in the Designer Hall of Fame. He was an early pioneer in his own right. Price points for his products were within the budgets of more people. David wanted quality at an affordable price.