thoughts while listening

what thoughts or visual images do you have in your mind as you listen to various types of music.
128x128rok2id
That Joe Henderson sounds like he is trying out a new mouthpiece on Andrew Hill's "Point of Departure".
Good post, music is different for everyone.

Sometimes a recording will transport me back to another time in my life. A certain song might connect me to a specific person or event so long ago that the emotion and the memory form simultaneously as an image.

One old Beatles song instantly puts me in my red Chevrolet Impala with the windows all rolled down, dual exhaust roaring as I pass by the Tower movie theatre in exactly the same spot, even after all these years.

It's almost like the smell of something wonderful cooking that was a favorite when you were a kid. A time when the joy and energy of youth surrounded you and you didn't have a care in the world.

Some of that still persists in my heart today, although my body has lost that youthful energy and joy that we're only blessed with in those early years.

The music of the Doors also do that to me but frequently not so joyful an image of the occasion. Perhaps due to the violent and turbulent times we experienced when their music was popular.

I grew up in the South and frequently a mix of pop, blues and rock played on local radio. I still have a deep love for all those types of music as well as Dave Brubeck who introduced me to Jazz.
Rok2ID

I dont have a hot daughter yet, But based on my cousins daughter was runnerup for homecoming queen and the girls I hang out with Im gonna be in serious S*&# later on.

I really like imagining whats going on in Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland where you can here everyone chearing but I dont really like studio music myself (Dont dislike it, It just seems sort of cold and over performed and pressed to what some "Engineer wants" Find me a studio zep song that comes close to live)
Post removed 
"As i get older, this is failing a little bit. So by the time i am senile, i probably will be back to endless mental chatter like most everybody else."

Ha-One more thing to look forward to!