thoughts while listening

what thoughts or visual images do you have in your mind as you listen to various types of music.
128x128rok2id
I only think of the music unless I slip into a daydream or actually end up dreaming through the whole CD.
Happens a lot lately.
Very therapeutic.
If it's a male singer I think about the recording, the space around the microphone, tonal accuracy and bandwidth. Perhaps even the color and dynamics of the music.

However, Kate Bush, Allison Krauss, Melody Gardot, Taylor Swift and Fiona Apple bring up dreams that began when I was a little boy and first discovered the wonder and beauty of females.

Kate Bush

Allison Krauss

Melody Gardot

Taylor Swift

Fiona Apple
I have considered posting a thread on this same topic.

I have noticed that what I think about changes according to the type of music I listen to. When I listen to jazz or blues vocalists, for example, I usually imagine the singer in front of me. If the recording has enough ambient cues, I also imagine being in the venue. On the other hand, when I listen to classical, I do NOT usually imagine the performers or the venue. I let my mind wander to the "other worlds" that the music evokes.

The better the music, the less I have verbal thoughts and the more I have purely imagistic thoughts and feelings. Personally, I think the absence of verbal thoughts, and the presence of imagistic thoughts and feelings, is part of why listening to music is so restorative and habit forming.

Bryon
Rok2id.

A guy would have to be dead to not respond to that image of Taylor Swift (I don't even have her music :^).

The other girls are all in my library and I sincerely love them for their talent and the images they put in my head.