What’s next up on the docket for you?

What has been either your fav or your most interesting system or…
Which audio outfit was your best… or which one would you like most to have on hand soon?

Maybe you’ve thought of building a server based system. Perhaps putting together a Flea watt rig has your attention now. Could it be tubes front to back that you’re eyeing as the next project you’ll get into? Is the new digital amp arena piqued your curiosity? Finally decided to get into an all analog rig now? Thought of going to planar, maybe bi or di-pole speakers next instead of cones? Monitor & subs perhaps? Could it be that owning Active speakers has finally given you sufficient enough intrigue? Want to own membership in the lot’s o’ watts club next? Bent on going retro and now Vintage pieces allure you most? Finally decided to fill out your HT system with dedicated separates? Found a contractor to build your ultimate listening room now? Finally going to add those acoustical treatments you’ve been putting off doing for so long?

I’m curious to get some inkling of which scenario you have found thus far your best built system overall, your most interesting learning experience, and/or your next totally different direction, if so, you’ll soon be striving to put together, or would if you could?

S.E.T. has had my attention for some time now and of the various types of rigs I’vd be most interested in putting together it would be one of those. Albeit, on a small scale. Stereo amp & monitors. Something absolutely fat & wet sounding.

Acoustical room treatments too are in the works for me now. Mainly bass traps first. Diffusers will be next. All DIY too.

How about you? What’s your next audio interest or build looking like more and more, one you’d wish to pursue if at all possible?
blindjim
I've been considering seeking professional help with my crazed addiction! If I keep it up, a smaller listening room will be in order. That sounds much better than saying that i'll have to scale back on the house!
I've been having to spend a lot of time with my back with my foot in the air lately - I'm recovering from a foot surgery so I have 6-8 weeks of this (I'm about 2/3 there at this point). I took the opportunity to get back into headphones since it's easy to have a little bedside system that is fed by a server. I started out with a Consonance Cyber 20 tube amp and could not believe the level of performance for the relatively small investment. It's prompted me, sick audiophile that I am, to look into upgrading. I'm learning that "diminishing returns" in the headphone world, don't sting nearly as much as those in the conventional audiophile world. I can tell you that I still prefer my big rig overall for the visceral impact it offers, but I've developed a whole new appreciation for headphones and have been enjoying the heck out of my little bedside rig. Oh, and no acoustical treatments are necessary!