Coincident speakers

Can anyone shed any info on Coincident speakers?
Comparisons?
I've been told I might like them.
Thanks
Chas
chashas1
Thanks, Jax2, I appreciate that. How far away from your speakers do you sit? I'm usually at about 8-10'. I don't mind a forward or recessed soundstage, but I don't like it in my lap.
A friend has some big dunlavys set up where he has to sit fairly close due to the room's dimensions, and sometimes you feel like you can touch noses with a singer. That gets old pretty quick.
There's a Coincident dealer in Chicago, so maybe I'll make it there someday for a listen (and food, of course).
Thanks
Can you think of any other speaker they may sound like?
I have used Coincident Super Eclipse MkIII speakers with solid state (Levinson, Simaudio), push-pull tube (VTL), and SET (Audio Horizons). I like these loudspeakers very much but, like all amplifier/loudspeaker combinations, you need to consider the impedance matching between them.

Each of the amplifiers I have used has been good quality. Only the Audio Horizons SET has really driven these speakers to their full potential. I judge "full potential" to be essentially the sound quality I've heard from Israel Blume's demonstrations.

In terms of rated output power, the SET amp is by far, the least powerful (peak <10 watt) of the amplifiers I have used with the speakers. Yet, it gave me, in all aspects (soundstage, tonal balance, clarity) the best performance.

I note that Coincident itself acts on these facts, too. Take a look at the amplifiers that they offer.

If you get the right amplifier match, you will be delighted with the Coincident loudspeaker performance.
Cedar,

Are your speakers wired for 12 ohm or 6 ohm. Could be the reason the SET worked better in your system. JMHO.
Do you use a tube linestage?
Are your speakers wired for 12 ohm or 6 ohm. Could be the reason the SET worked

The SE III's have a very flat curve at 10ohms and are 97db efficient at 10 ohms. It is as much the flatness of the response curve as it the sensitivity that contributes to their compatibility with SET, but there are certainly all kinds of reasons they do work well with SET. Simply being rated at "6 or 12 ohms" does not necessarily mean they'll work well with SET. I used mine with a pair 8 watt 300B based SET amps and they worked superbly in that application. The only aspect of performance I really missed was extension at both ends and that was more the amp than the speaker. The ss amp I'm currently using solved that, but at some expense to that holographic staging that SET is so good at.

I also sit nearfield - around 7-8 feet from the speakers which is the minimum Blume recommends for those speakers. I cannot think of another speaker they sound like in terms of a dynamic-driver speaker. They do remind me somewhat of the sound of a horn speaker in that way, but ultimately nothing but a horn sounds like a horn. Perhaps some of the Vienna Acoustics floorstanders have reminded me of the sound (Beethoven mini Grand), but my exposure there is pretty limited (only heard them at shows and have never owned them).

Hope that helps.