Baby name opinion....

Expecting a child, a baby girl. I have never been one for unusual names but one that I have never heard as a name has been nagging me as a consideration. ....Stereo..... Am I just getting used to the sound of a totally ridiculous and cruel first gift to her? Initially our friends just laughed but some are coming around with positive comments... Stereo....
epatrowicz
My wife has taught first grade for thirty years and she's seen more than her share of "creative" names. Your proposed name would definitely be the kind of name that gets a kid tagged as unusual, which isn't usually what most kids want. Fitting in and feeling accepted is what the majority of kids (and adults) want. If she wants to demonstrate her free spirit and individuality, she'll find her own way. If you insist though, I'd vote for one of the French nouns for stereo, "Chaine" (with a circumflex accent on the i.) Don't know what a native French speaker would think about it though.
STEREO...no way...mabey if it was the 60's and you were a Hippie living in no where man's land in a Hippie Community.
LOL, I just told my wife about your idea. She laughed and said it reminded her of the time she had parents who named their two daughters after their passion: "Margarita" and "Tequila."
I compromised with my wife and named our daughter Jasmine
so I could nickname her after my "passion", Jazz!