Anyone listened to the 50th Ann Shuguang KT-88

I understand that Shuguang has released a 50th Anniversary "black glass" KT-88.Anyone compare these to the 88-98 or Gold Lion re-issue? Or contrast against the "Original" GEC/M.O. Valves.
Just like to keep informed on the current production tubes,as I use em' along with a few friends.
Thanks in advance,Tom.
tpsonic
I think they look cool but know no one who has heard them. Shuguang really ticked me off by proing their bad poor judegment of audio tube style when they ceased production of the only 12AX7 they ever made that I liked. Its the 9th ed. 12AX7 C . I see them here and there but they obviously didn't get overdriven easily enough for guitar amps.
On the other hand the Genelex reissues are fantastic. I own an octet and was stunned that they sound as good as they do. Albeit in a very good amp.
With all due respect to others tastes the Genelex Gold Lion are a midrangy tube. In particular they are rich and full a bit warm for a KT-88 (and I was a devout E34L fan) As a rule I don't care for the 6550/KT88/KT90 sound but these are going to be quite a challenge for Schoo to beat. Even if the Shoo look cool!
Mechans:Yes,I too like the Gen 9 12ax7s-I bought 4 matched pairs.Sold one pair.Probably shouldn't have,but it was to a friend.
I use a quad of the GEC/MOs in my PL2 and was considering buying back-ups.Thanks for the heads-up on the GL re-issues.Sounds like they may do the trick ,when the "originals" and I part company.I do find the originals to be very expressive and suave.Tom
If you're in the market for some Shuguang(Penta Labs version)KT88SC(solid plate) then contact Doug at Doug's Tubes. He has a secret stash of them available.

www.dougstubes.com

Post removed 
Wow! I just bought a nice quad from him about a month ago and at that time he had quite a few quads left. They sure did sell quickly! (O: