ZYX R-100 Yatra & SME 3009 MKII Non-Improved

Hi all,

Is the ZYX R-100 Yatra a good match for SME 3009 MK II Non-Improved ? Anyone has any experience with the Yatra could please comment on its trackability?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Hoa
jaytea

Showing 1 response by siranthony

I have a Yatra and I have had issues with it. I never could get it to sound good all the time until recently. I have an Origin Live Aurora mk1 with Encounter mk2 arm. I recently got a good price on a used Aurora mk2 with Encounter mk2. The Encounter mk2 is the later version with the dual pivot design that essentially makes it a unipivot. I believe the unipivot design is a big step up and works much better with my Yatra. This combo sounds really good to me right now. Very transperant and dynamic. I also used the VPI headshell weight. But I used it before and beleive the unipivot is the key. The Yatra is still not the greatest tracker. I set the VTF to 1.82g. Any less I get miss tracking. Any more and it strarts to sound heavy. It does pretty well but will not track a hot cut record. It does not misstrack much otherwise but once in awhile. This cart excelles at conveying emotion with vocals and piano. Also seperates instruments well when a lot is going on in the midrange.