zyx Airy R-1000 cosmos - vs Benz LP S ?

Hi - I have killed my zyx and am considering a change to Benz - has anyone out there had an opportunity to compare zyx with the current LP ( I have a triplanar arm )

Thanks for any thoughts,

Cheers
pjwd

Showing 2 responses by david12

I used a Zyx Airy 3 for 2 years and was ultimately disappointed with it. I found it very neutral, but flat and lifeless, really lacking dynamics.

I changed to a Benz LP, not the LP S and really love it. The same neutrality and transparency, but much faster, more dynamic, with a richer tonal colour. I know the Benz line is much more costly in the US, mine cost me $2100 in the UK. That has to be factored in too. It still shares duty with the Koetsu Onyx I bought second hand and retipped. That is a lovely cartridge too, but quite different.
Markd51. I normally do qualify my statements to say my experience reflects my experience, in my system. I did'nt in this case.
You are quite right that there may have been a mismatch in my system, though I was uprating my LP playback at the time and the Zyx was mounted in an OL illustrious, Jelco and Ortofon 309D and at least once, was set up professionally. It went through a K&K phono stage. The catridge could have been defective, I believe that does happen with catridges. I was suprised at the performance myself