Zu Dirty Weekend 6 went on sale today

The good folks at Zu certainly know a thing or two about creating hype around new products. The Dirty Weekend 6 went on sale this morning. It was positioned as a first come first served release with a November delivery. I bought a pair with the "supreme" upgrade. A little risky buying without hearing them first, but I figure I can probably unload them if they're not to my liking, since they'll probably sell out. Any thoughts on these or Zu in general for that matter ..

128x128davidrolon

@beetlebum 

I’ve seen this brand recommended before. The ACE looks like a pretty awesome feature packed Integrated.  Will def add those suggestions to the list to think about/trial. I would like to move away from tubes if I can find something I like…

Zu was kind enough via an email to state the differences between Zu Omen Mk II vs DW6.

"The overall sound with the Superfly edition compared to your friends Omen Mk.II will be similar.  You will have a bit more extension and fuller bottom end with the DW6"

Sounds like the DW6 is the perfect Omen speaker. 

Heading out tomorrow at 7AM. Keep the fire burning in here!

Always amuses me how many audiophiles want their music to sound like live experience but simultaneously don’t want their speakers to sound like a scaled down PA. 

Audiophiles do a lot of amusing things and that’s def one of them. 

Speaker day for several of you out there. Excited for others to chime in with their thoughts. I got a stupid good deal on a Cambridge Audio CXA61 refurbished from manufacturer. I’m gonna test that out on my DW6 Superfly as soon as it comes in. I bought a refurbished AXA25 from the CA eBay store as a cheap solid state to run on my Omen MKII during parties and get togethers and that thing sounds way too good to be $180 plus shipping.  Plenty of power to rock the Zus to party sound levels.  

Mine showed up yesterday afternoon. First impressions....those suckers are heavy! Will unbox and hook up this weekend. I plan on rotating the following power components via RME ADI-2 DAC ---> Bricasti M5 Streamer---> Roon--->Qobuz:

1. Decware Zen Triode SE84UFO - 2.3 Watts Class A

2. Marantz 2245 (1970's fully restored) Stereo Receiver 45 Watts

3. Topping PA5 - 65 Watts Class D

4. Hegel H120 - 75 Watts Class AB

5. Audio by Van Alstine Set 400 - 225 Watts Class AB

Should be an exciting weekend....