Zerostat Milty really?

Ok. So I have massive amounts of static at times when playing vinyl. So much so that it can pull my arm from my table (Thorens TD-124) onto the platter when removing the lp. I am worried I will ruin my stylus when it hits. So I bought the Zerostat and have been using it according to the instructions and the static is still out of control. Is this thing for real or what? Am I doing something wrong? Please help. 
fromunda
I was never fond of the Milty. It is WAY overpriced to boot. My Mapleshade static gun bit the dust not long ago. They no longer sell it the last time I checked and there doesn’t seem to be many options for that type of gun out there. I suspect you have some issues in your listening environment that should be addressed to help with static. On issue is the humidity level that is a factor with static. I’ve never personally had that problem so I cannot recommend. There are several threads here that others have made suggestions regarding humidity if you care to search them out. If your room is carpeted, don’t wear tennis shoes when changing lps. There is a product called Static Guard (an aerosol spray) that some use to good effect.

More expensive options... Ultrasonic cleaning and air drying.....Furutech Destat 3

I suspect your have environmental issues that probably need to be addressed before spending big bucks on other items.
I had bad static issues as well in my past home in NY. Carpet throughout. The Zerostat Milty did nothing for the static issue. I ended up with an Acoustech Big Record brush. That got rid of the static. Funny thing is, I just bought it for a record brush not knowing it would take care of static issues. 
I have hardwood floors through out the house. Tride the Acoustec brush years ago to no avail. 
In addition to addressing the environmental issues mentioned above, it is helpful to have a record brush grounded to a nearby electrical outlet. You can either make one yourself (brush with metal handle and attached wire to nearby outlet) or buy one such as that sold by Mapleshade. I bought one after rigging one up myself to be sure it would help. Works for me. Just use it in every record side before and after playback. Hope this helps.
Purchase a humidifier. Your air is too dry. BTW, I just saw a video about an anti-static device that sits next to your TT and has a swing-over arm that hangs over your record and emits anti-static ju-ju to zap static.
Can’t remember where I saw video, probably RMAF show on YouTube. Also, Zerostat used to be 10 times more powerful (in the '70s) But parents got worried about causing genetic damage to their children so Zerostat changed the product to its current, pathetic (IMO) form.