your wardrobe in 1972, any hip huggers?

ever remember your wardrobe in the 70s,my wife pulled out some old photo albums last night & we laughed & laughed,in one particular pic i had on blue crushed velvet platform shoes & matching blue slick slacks & disco shirt that was so tight it made me itch just looking at it,dont forget the hair all the way down to my big white belt,what a cool guy i was(haha)tell the truth,what was your coolest outfit in the 70s & dont forget the medallions.
128x128bigjoe

Showing 2 responses by rsbeck

I was high school class of '74: Levis Bell Bottoms, wide leather belt, T-Shirts with unbuttoned flannel shirt over, and waffle stompers (hiking boots). Also went through a Frye Boot stage with same get-up, but that was early 70's, like '70, '71. Also wore those shirts that were like a long sleeve T-shirt only they were often striped and had, like, three buttons from the neck to the chest. Moccasins were late 60's. Also had hair down past my shoulders -- even while playing on my high school football team. My only concession as
the 70's wore on was -- I switched to straight legged jeans. Never wore a
chiana shirt, never owned a pair of platform shoes, never owned a Donna Summer album -- I was stubbornly listening to Cream, Hendrix, and Zep while disco passed by. I started buying new music again when I heard my roomate, a younger guy, playing The Police, Elvis Costello, English Beat, Squeeze, and Talking Heads in his room. I still wear straight legged Levis,
T-shirts and boots.
Slipknot -- thanks for jogging my memory. Yes, went through a big southern rock stage starting with Allman Brothers live at Filmore East.