Your Top Five Blues LPs, SQ-wise...

Wondering what the general consensus would be here.  What five Blues LPs would you pick to showcase your sound system’s strengths to another Blues lover?  Not so much interested in “historically important” discs here as much as Blues on vinyl that just sounds fantastic enough to prompt one to wear out an expensive cartridge/stylus on...
Thanks in advance.  Just getting into the genre myself via the various streaming radio feeds and never seem to catch the names of artists/titles so I don’t have a list of my own, but I’m drawn to great Blues guitar sounds and unforgettable lyrics which let the listener know, unmistakably, that the singer has, “walked the walk”...
lg1

Showing 4 responses by david3838

Five of my favorite LP’s
70th Birthday Concert - John Mayall
Crusade - John  Mayall
Come on Home - Boz Scaggs
Blues from Laurel Canyon - John Mayall
Out of the Blues - Boz Scaggs
@tooblue, I agree that Boz is truly a great artist.  Whatever he does from R&B to romantic love songs he nails it. Since this is blues related I’ll just add that the first time I heard ‘Somebody Loan Me a Dime’ I was just floored.  And I see you’ve spent time in St Martinville, La......I’m from New Orleans but went to USL in Lafayette so we may have crossed paths at some point......used to spend a lot of time at Willie Purples in Lafayette, especially when ZZ Top was in town.
@bdp24 couldn’t agree more with your comment. Some of the session players, including Duane A, down at Muscle Shoals were really great musicians.  And great artist have a knack for surrounding themselves with other great musicians.....John Mayall tops the list in my book.....from the early days with Peter Green to Eric Clapton to Mick Taylor all the way to Rocky Athas and Carolyn Wonderland of recent years....and in between with Walter Trout and Coco Montoya....wow!  Incredible line-ups over the last 60 yrs and still going strong.
I saw Coco Montoya a couple weeks ago in Denver for maybe the 4th time and since then have been listening to a lot of his music.  While he wasn’t on my original list of 5, he should have been.  All of his music is exceptional and his album ‘Can’t Look Back’ is really good and deserves a mention. Truly one of the better blues guitarist of our time.