Your system TOO resolving? MacC200 vs ML32S

Tried out a MacC200&ML320S this weekend and find myself in a paradox. My system is Paradigm sig s8's, classe cam 350's. wireworld eclipse,marantz dv8400(to be upgraded). They were both quite good, the only dicernable difference was while the Mac sounded detailed, the ML was finding more detail. In Holly Coles "I can see clearly now", I could here her voice waver more prominantly. The anal engineer in me instantly said "contest over", it goes to ML. As time wore,I noticed Holly's voice on the ML did not have the smooth silky character that I love so much(which I assume is the accurate condition(?) I started wondering if the ML was actually pumping up the detail as some of the "S" sounds on the end of Holly's words were almost too loud for real. I of course like to hear both the voice waver and the silk. On most CD's they sound very similar, but the ML MIGHT be a bit punchier and the Mac a bit laid back. I don't like the laid back(or slow) character of mac amps, but with these almost hyper-detailed speakers, the Mac's slightly smoother tone is appealing. I wouldn't call the mac warmer, just as Paul Bolin stated, perhaps "forgiving". But how can I not go for better resolution? Spend 40K and "dumb" it down with a preamap? I'm fairly new to this, any help with my crisis? Thanks! This forum is great.
autoll

Showing 1 response by samzx12