Your opinions on Audio Artistry?

I have on loan the AA Dvorak Dipole speaker. Faboulus airy sound with high resolution and very deep bass. Perhaps lacking a bit warmth and "body" around the instruments and vocals. Needs two good amps since the subs are not powered. Any comments on the Dvorak sound comparing to other high end speakers would be welcome. Living in Sweden the Dvorak is surly a rare bird but I been puzzled that AA brand are nearly ever mentioned on the net.AA Beethoven was speaker of the year in s´phil 98 but I have never read any coments about AA after that in the press. And you never sees any Dvorak on the used net market. Are AA very smal in US? Aperently they have never been a succes in USA? Perhaps they will soon be out of buisiness?
128x128ulf

Showing 1 response by kkirkpa1805

I own original Dvoraks. They have a quite neutral sound but must be played a little louder than I can manage (apartment dweller) to sound their best. They don't image as well as I'd like (compared to, say, Dunlavy SC-IV) but huge pieces of foam in the rear makes them acceptable. I would not buy them again because: 1. Entirely cloth wrapped means if you blow a tweeter, they ship back to the factory for repair, 2. There is no used market for them (maybe $2000 for the whole kit (mains & subs)), 3. I had very bad customer service from the factory on warranty matters (my speaker wire connectors all failed due to cracked plastic and they said I "tightend them to much" even though they came supplied with a "postman" tightening device for just this purpose. All-in-all I wish I hadn't gone down that road.