Your method for discovering great music.

I'm in a slump. It has been a while since I've discovered new music that I really like. And when I say "new" I mean new to me. Maybe even rediscovered would count as new.

I do not have a method. I usually stumble into new music that I like. I also don't have loads of hours to sort through tons of stuff I don't like. Plus I find that random sort of pursuit to be frustrating and unrewarding most of the time.

Amazon Music had half decent 'recommended for you' lists but I don't recall if that ever paid off. I use Qobuz now which sucks in that particular department.

I've found a few bands that I like from recommendations here at Audiogon but I have not been here much lately.

So I'm curious as to how some of you approach that search for great music that is either actually new, new to you or rediscovered.

n80

Yes, it makes sense and for some reason I have not used the "Got to Artist" function in Qobuz but I will certainly check it out now. Thanks!

If not already mentioned, Brilliant Classics on YouTube regularly posts attractive classical music including lesser/unknown composers eg today piano sonatas by Galuppi.  They post music from Baroque through actually attractive more modern stuff.

One that has not been mentioned yet is "Pro Studio Masters".  If you are on their email list you will receive 4 or 5 mailings per week of new releases and remastered music from several genres all in hi-res.  Almost all of the albums have samples of all tracks that you can listen to as well as read reviews.  Even if you are not interested in hi-res, you can usually find the "red book" version.

Others have already mentioned record reviews in Stereophile and Absolute Sound.  I take that one step further by noting all of the music used to evaluate equipment.  I have found quite a bit of new-to-me music that way.

My friend Jae Sinnett's jazz programming on WHRV-FM 89.5 can be streamed and he plays incredible amounts of new music every week. Sinnett In Session is live Monday through Thursday evenings from 9pm-1am, Saturday mornings from 1-5 and Sunday afternoons from 1pm-5pm.