Your Impressions of the DV XX2 MKII

Are you using or have you used the DV XX2 MKII? I am getting ready to replace my 20xl and am leaning towards the XX2. Any comments on your impressions of this cartridge would be appreciated.
stickman451

Showing 4 responses by stickman451

I have the DV 507-MKII arm so I'm not to worried about having issues with the cartridge mounting and tracking. Wish that I could bring myself to spend the extra coin for the XV-1s but it is a WHOLE LOT more $$$!

Will have to live with the XX2 for now.
Thanks for all the feedback. I ordered the XX2 yesterday and should have it setup by late next week! I will report back on the results once I put a few hours on it and it 'settles' in.
Well my new DV XX2 MKII has been installed and it sounds GREAT! Very happy with this cartridge and I am confident it will sound even better as I use it over the next 30 to 50 hours. There's no doubt in my mind that the XX2 is several notches above my old DV 20xl (which is pretty darn good for the money). But, the XX2 is definitely better in every way. Highly recommended!

BTW, a big thank you to Jeff at High Water Sound in New York for providing this great cartridge. His advice was right-on target and Jeff really knows his trade. A great guy to deal with also!
I have lusted after the TW Acustic tables since I first saw them at RMAF four years ago... I would love to have an AC...

I like my VPI Aries 3 okay (but just ok)... I love my DV 507 MKII arm! If I could spring for an AC and mount the 507 arm on it I would be set for a long time... Saving as fast as I can...