Your favourite music movie?

Just for fun.
Three movies spring to mind for myself when I think of what moves me here.
In no particular order.

Rocky Horror Picture Show.
So camp it is brilliant!
Tim Curry slays it!
Just way too much to begin to mention.
I can still get a blast from it now.
Let's do the Time warp again!

The Blues Brothers.
Ah, Jake and Ellwood.
Just for the record this was the second VHS tape I ever bought( first was Enter the Dragon)
Just so right....

Rock of Ages.
Now before you all run off gagging, it most certainly was not for Cruises wooden performance.
Catherine Zeta Jones was notable though.
No it was for the pair who stole the show.

Alec Baldwin and Russel Brandt.

Simply perfect for the movie.

Your thoughts on these and your nominations?
128x128uberwaltz
I really liked the movie "Once," and thought it really showed how the creation of music flows. I also like "The Commitments" and think it's a fun movie and soundtrack. "Sing Street" is another fun music and coming-of-age movie.
For music that fits the story, I have always liked the film Mercury Rising.

For fun, Josie and the Pussycats...a child's film made in the tradition of Rocky and Bullwinkle--for adults who pay attention.

For bombast, Star Wars IV (first one in 1977).
Wow, someone mentioned my late friend and composer Aminadav Aloni for Once soundtrack he composed in 1973.  He was a leader among composers of Jewish choral music in the second half of the 20th century.  This was an unusual film experience for him.
Don Juan DeMarco -  a wonderful little film with Dep, Brando and Dunaway.  The opening track is "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman" receiving a Grammy nomination for best song but don't be fooled,  The infectious score was composed, orchestrated, and conducted by Michael Kamen and was performed by the London Metropolitan Orchestra.  This is great red book mastered by Bob Ludwig of nearby Gateway Mastering Studios.  Top shelf stuff that makes a great gift!

Paris, Texas - A dark, interesting movie with Ry Cooder keeping it all moving.  

aforementioned, Cal - Mark Knopfler, nuff said.

Gladiator - No surprise, but a subwoofer tester and mood gratification.

O Brother, Where Art Thou? - Fun ride that can take you down very interesting bluegrass roads, if you chase the artists.

5 is a good stopping point.  More Peace!, Pinthrift

Don Juan DeMarco -  a wonderful little film with Dep, Brando and Dunaway. The opening track is "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman" receiving a Grammy nomination for best song but don't be fooled, The infectious score was composed, orchestrated, and conducted by Michael Kamen and was performed by the London Metropolitan Orchestra. This is great red book mastered by Bob Ludwig of nearby Gateway Mastering Studios. Top shelf stuff that makes a great gift!

+1 .. love the movie and the score.