YOUR Favorite Bookshelf/Monitor below $500

These are the speakers I am looking at, and the one I want changes daily;

Usher Audio S-520 - $350.00
Kef iQ3 - $425.00
AV123 X-LS Encore - $349.00
PSB Alpha - $279.00
Paradigm Atom V.5 - $249.00

Which is your favorite? Any others I should consider? They will be used 60/40 Music/Movies. When it comes to Music I listen to a lot of Electronic, R&B, & Jazz. I like a nice bottom end. the kind where you think I can not believe that is coming from that small speaker.
restless_times

Showing 1 response by french_fries

there's a pair of JBL- L830 speakers for sale on audiogon for $250 which is a VERY good deal. i have no association with this seller, but i have these speakers also, and they are incredibly dynamic and have excellent bass (6in. 3 way). NOT ONLY do they image well, but even project good soundstage depth (very much to my surprise). i bought them for the bedroom to listen to rock and roll, and not "criticize" the sound quality of my audio cassettes. they are handsome little guys too, with beveled edges, small H&W but very deep. maybe the paradigm atoms have a surprisingly refined sound, but i have a gut feeling they will not fill the room anything like the jbl's, or go as low. it would be interesting to find out since psb's and paradigms always get the positive audiophile ratings.