Your experience in "in their day" brands/components that you remember foundly?

I love music and have enjoyed "high-end" audio for several decades.

With this being said, I am interested in hearing what may be your 

"golden oldies" that you have owned?  For me there are many that 

were part of my beginnig.  The original large Advents and a Yamaha 

CA-1000 started my "better gear" travels...that lead to Dahlquists, Magnepans, 

and seperated from Audio Research, Conrad Johnson, early Classe and 

many others.  What were your "roots" that helped your journey?

jusam

@islandmandan

Dan, couldn’t agree with you anymore. I feel the same way about my decision to purchase Tannoy Canterbury GR’s and pairing them with Accuphase E-650, the synergy between them is off the charts!

@lg1

I hear you on R2R. I missed out on the opportunity to own R2R back in the days. I truly applaud Chad Kassem (Analog Productions) for his efforts to revive the R2R era. As of today, there are 40 titles available (doubled from last year).

i remember the audio alchemy stuff in its day, peter madnick’s brainchild

dti jitter reducer, powered digital cables, outboard linear power supplies, remote control linestages with microprocessor memory, nice budget dacs - very cool stuff, ahead of its time in many ways, good performance on a budget, precursors to much of what we have today, still dealing with the same issues

Acoustic Research integrated amplifier

Dynaco A25’s then the infamous AR3a’s the AR amp was designed for the 3a’s 4 ohm load. It was pretty impressive in the day.

I could never afford any HiFi gear until I became a young adult and went into the army. There I purchased my first CD player Sony CDP-101, SAE P101 preamp, SAE 501 amp, DBX noise reduction and equalizer, Akai Reeel to Reel, JBL L100 and Bose 901 speakers

1976 - Marantz 2270, Empire 698/Microacoustics 2002, Infinity Monitor 1A's, Polk Cobra Cable. Soon added a Spectro Acoustics preamp and Discwasher Gold Ens IC's.