Your choice - TT, Arm, Stage, Cartridge - $5000 budget

So imagine you were just given ~$5000 and told to buy your ideal analog setup within that budget.

What would be your choice for turntable, arm, phono stage, and cartridge be? Any other accessories to consider?

How would you spend it?

Obviously I’m looking to upgrade my analog setup and am focusing on the essential components at this time. Curious how you would spend my money haha.

My current gear:
Amp - Primaluna Dialogue HP integrated w/ KT150 power tubes, Mullard and Cifte preamp tubes.
Loudspeakers - Tekton Design Double Impact

For sound,I like the idea of a balanced overall sound, and a big soundstage. But what I really enjoy most is the idea of exposing the holographic image in a recording.

128x128whacky

Showing 1 response by mattmiller

Without a doubt I am saying you should get a JA Michell Gyro SE with a Techno Arm and a Dynavector 20x2 or 10X5. you may still be able to get a Lehmann or Musical Surroundings or Chinook ...but ...Get the table! Best purchase you can make, the music just sounds "right" when played through this deck. Best analogue source, If you love the mechanical side of things like real time pieces or classic sports cars this is the only choice. Did I mention how great it sounds? If you like Rock or Jazz you will be happy as well with Classical music, this table shows you whats on the platter good or bad. http://www.michell-engineering.co.uk/turntables/gyrose

This is the best sub 5K turntable out there period! In my opinion you will never need to buy another one. Fully upgrade able too. 

Previous tables:
Thornes TD 160 /Grado Ref Sonota
Rega P3/24 /Dynavector 10X5
Pro-Ject Xtension 10 /Clear Audio Maestro V2 ebony

Matt M