Your best 2-channel system for 6000$ total

I'm looking for advice on creating a new/used 2-ch stereo setup for under 6000$ total. I listen to rock, blues, etc. pretty loud. Components:
1. Full Range Speakers (preferrably down to 25-30 hz)
2. Integrated Amp (or seperates)
3. CD Player
4. Tuner
5. Cables, etc.

(I just bought new psb synchrony 2's and new parasound halo a21 but don't like the sound together, although i am using a cheap bluray player and avr as preamp. I was thinking of selling those items for around 4000$ and using that $ towards my new system. Or maybe i should keep those and build from there?) I am looking for what you would do if you were in my shoes today....Much Thanks!
watsonblues

Showing 2 responses by loftarasa

What don't you like about the PSB/Parasound combo? How big is your room? Have you experimented with speaker placement? Do you have acoustic treatment?

I'd look to those before spending another cent on gear. Your speakers and amp are good quality.
I used to have the Bluejeans speaker cable - they are not bright or forward at all, rather the opposite. So don't change cabling until you've fixed your other problems (room, speaker placement, source, amp).

Please read each guide on this page as a primer on acoustics and speaker set up. It makes a huge difference.
http://www.realtraps.com/articles.htm

Some bad news, all this "direct pass" stuff would do is bypass the (probably extremely crappy) filtering section of your AVR's preamp section. But your (probably extremely crappy) source signal is still going through the (probably extremely crappy) preamp section of your AVR.

Room, speaker placement, new CDP, new preamp, in that order.

When you do get to gear, you might want to shortlist something like the Audiolab 8200CDQ, which is a combined CDP/DAC/Preamp.