yet another KAB mod question

Is the threaded clamp worth the 100 dollar price increase over the non-threaded model?--Cheers
jmoog08

Showing 1 response by maril555

Here is what I did.
I just asked Kevin which upgrades HE THOUGHT were worthwhile. I was prepared to do all the mods, he has to offer.
Kevin is a very honest and straightforward
kind of person. I have found him to be a real gentleman, who is as objective, as it is possible to be, with respect to audio.
His answer was:
1. Cardas arm rewire
2. Fluid damper
3. External power supply.
I brought it back home last night, and from the first minute playing music, I should say, I was extremely impressed.
I didn't expect to hear that good of a playback- excellent, explosive dynamics, very tonally accurate, great timbre.
My wife, who is a professional pianist, listened to Berlioz
for a couple minutes, and immediately made a comment, that "it sounds very natural", she immediately noticed very precise soundstaging with exact placement of orchestral instruments (I think she knows, what she's talking about). And she is the farthest thing from an audiophile.
My point is, the price for ANY of the KAB mods is so modest, compared to other companies offerings, that making a decision about what particular options to choose, is an absolute no- brainer to me. I highly doubt, that one can get anywhere close to this level of performance for that little money.
Again, that is just my perspective.