Yaqin MC-10T no bass?

Hello all.

I just got myself a Yaqin MC-10T. This is my first venture into better audio stuff and my very first vacuum tube amp. My speakers are a pair of old Wharfendale Emeral 93's that I got on craig's list for real cheap. My music sources so far are either a turntable connected to a Yaqin MS-22b phono stage to the amp or an iphone playing pandora through a usb to a DAC to the amp.

Everything sounds great! I love it more and more every time I listen to it.

Here's the problem. There is almost no bass to this setup. It's like you have a 5.1 setup and someone unplugs the sub woofers. I thought it was the music I was playing but I experimented and its the same thing.

I'm not a bass head and the music I listen to has very little bass anyways, but I just want to know if this is normal or if this is a vacuum amp trait or if there is something wrong with my speakers?

Will the tubes make any difference? I've checked the bias on my current tubes and they are all within range.

Suggestions? Thanks.
tanman2

Showing 1 response by zd542

Take an actual store bought CD that you know the sound of and play it through an actual CD or DVD player. Using that as a source, is there still a bass problem? The CD/DVD player doesn't have to be anything high end or expensive. Also, your amp may not be fully broken in yet and that may be some of your problem.