Yamaha vs Rotel

Hi Everyone,

I am torn between Yamaha AS-2200 VS Rotel RA1592 (or RA1572 +RB1590 Separates) for my DALI Speakers. Could you shed some light on their characteristic differences in terms of sonic performance? Thanks in advance.
Owned the ARotel rd 1090 for 2 years,
one day I pushed power button, and a white flash, small ploom of white smoke came out.
 So upset, the rb-1090 made my cerwin Vega D-9’s sing like no other amp for years.

Returned to dealer, they gave me their floor model instead of a warranty replacement. Bit angry.  That RB- 1090 was amazing, bass, mids, treble, the punch, power was superb!!

Played steve wonder remastered greatest hits, it was amazing.
    As well as Mercyful fate, humble pie, foghat, wishbone ash, slayer,   Y&T, 

Opened wi Dow’s, had my good friend (rip Asit) walk to top of the hill, about , just under a 1/4 mile up the hill, I cranked it, he said he heard it loud and clear.  
 That amp was killer.I still miss her.

Carver Sunfire 600, don’t have the clarity, and punch of the old rotel 1090 amp. 
 I sold it to a absolute idiot on PayPal, threatened me with shipping cost, and other stuff.  
 Anyway, the Rotel is a top tier powerhouse. 

I upgraded to the McCormack DNA -750 monos. Much better!!,

but the old Vegas are in basement now and need recoding!

Loved that rb-1090 amp,,

ebm
02-07-2021 6:08 pm

Your name is to short.

That's OK - your "to" is too short.
I upgraded to the McCormack DNA -750 monos. Much better!!,

I keep thinking about separates and monos. Then I feel like I open a whole lot of new can of worms with the disputable interconnect cables. I have a tendency to obsess over minute details and those interconnects won’t help with that.
I agree the Yammy would be a bit warmer and likely mate better with your DALI speakers.
Thank you guys a lot! Where do you guys think Cambridge amps fall interms of musicality, sonic performance and build quality in comparison to Yammy and Rotel? Of course, in the similar price range of max $4000-$5000 for new gear.